Monday 24 August 2015

2pm update - another swing lower

US equities have seen yet another powerful swing, this one from sp'1954 to 1929. VIX is similarly back on the climb, +20% in the 33s. Some late day 'margin calls' seem a given... with a sub 1900 close back on the menu. USD remains under severe pressure, -1.5% in the DXY 93.50s.


sp'15min



sp'60min


Summary

So... we have a micro flat top in the sp'1950s.. and we're clearly back on the slide.

-
*I remain paralysed with fear. It is not confusion of where we are broadly headed (which has been largely clear since mid May).. but fear of losing a single $.

Frankly, its beyond lame, and I'm starting to get real annoyed with myself.

I suppose it could be worse. I could have been long across the weekend, exited at the open, and then tried to chase the market lower from sp'1869.

yours.... with chocolate on emergency standby...