Tuesday 4 December 2012

Daily Index Cycle update

The market closed moderately lower, after the opening minor gains. The closing hour was choppy, but closed somewhat bearish, and the declines were confirmed with a slightly higher VIX. It would appear we are now seeing a new down cycle underway, the only issue is how far down do we fall, and over what time span.


Dow



Nasdaq Comp



Sp'daily5


Trans


Summary

Well, that went pretty good after a somewhat annoying open. I was always concerned I was a day or two early when shorting last Thursday, and now we're past those two days, I think we are now finally seeing the underlying market weakness re-emerge.

First target for Tuesday is sp'1400, a break of that opens up a swift decline to the low from last Wednesday (remember that crazy morning reversal?) @ 1385.

The big question is can we break 1385, I believe we can 'sometime' this week, but most important, is taking out the key low of sp'1343.

Until 1343 is taken out, I will not be confident of my broader outlook, which is seeking a challenge of the June low of sp'1266.

Regardless, I am confidently holding short overnight.

A little more later