Tuesday 30 June 2015

2pm update - typical hour for an intra peak

US equities have seen another minor wave higher. There remains moderate opportunity for the sp'2075/80 zone... along with VIX 17s.. by the monthly close. USD is holding gains of +0.7% in the DXY 95.40s. Metals remain weak, Gold -$7, whilst Oil is +1.5%


sp'15min



Summary

Okay.. I'm back from a walk (if only to get some sun on my face).. and I see renewed upside.

Typical turn time is 2.30pm.. but based on the earlier wave.. maybe we'll max out a little later around 3pm.

I will be VERY tempted to launch an index short before the close.. not least as price action remains very shaky.
--

Hot London city

Bullish leafy shade
Time to get some ice.. and a drink
--
stay tuned!


2.09pm.. sp'2072... okay.. we're getting real close to target zone.

VIX slips back into the 17s


2.14pm.. short-stop cascade in progress.

t-15mins until I'll consider hitting some buttons


2.20pm.. Reviewing the VIX hourly chart... its a problem for those wanting to short this afternoon. I'd sure feel a lot better going short with VIX 16/15s.



Hmmmm

2.30pm... Well, its typical turn time... we're seeing a reaction from a fractional new high of sp'2074.

As things are... I am not liking the bigger hourly equity/VIX cycles which threaten another stupid move higher tomorrow morning.

For the moment, I am merely watching.
-

2.36pm.. I am trying to keep in mind we have the monthly jobs data on Thursday... that will be a wild card that could go against the bears.

sp'2069...    

End month closings will be important...