Tuesday 15 April 2014

11am update - market swings

US equities battle to sp'1843..only to swiftly drop to 1827, before yet another reversal to the upside. A test of the 50 day MA of 1846 still seems viable later today, but price action remains...weak. Metals remain sharply lower, Gold -$25, with Silver -2.2%.


sp'15min


Summary

*my computer is having some issues in the past few days, maybe its just getting too hot from too many applications being used.. urghhh
---

Tuesday...swings....are having fun yet today?


VIX is choppy...

60min


I'd only feel comfortably long VIX in the 15.25/00 zone
-


What a messy morning..now VIX wants to break higher..and indexes are rolling over again.

-
11.01am.. ANY break <1825...and we'll likely go to 1800/1790 'fast'.

I remain on the sidelines, not least since my gods damn computer is liable to crash, and I do not want to be in a trade. (yes, I've only one active desktop).


11.03am... BREAK...and bulls are in real trouble now.

So..target zone HIT, full reversal...and bears now on the rampage to 1800/1790.


11.05am.. R2K breaks the 200 day MA..and its looking ugly city again.


11.16pm...considering my computer probs..and missing my 'yellow box' to short area...I am not in the best of moods.

I ain't chasing this nonsense lower today.

Well done to those shorting from the 1840s...it did seem kinda obvious..even to me.

Primary target zone remains 1770/60s, although the notion of that being hit before the Thursday close...seems...difficult.

Maybe if more Russian jets are shot down...bearish?



11.23am... the one problem in bear land.. VIX...despite the Ukrainian news (Russian jet shot down..I believe), VIX hasn't broken the 18s yet.


11.28am... KING, -5% to $16....roughly -30% since the IPO 15 days ago.  Bullish huh?


11.32am... another micro rally....but overall..this is really starting to look ugly. Monthly R2K chart....bodes for major downside in May/June.