Thursday 27 June 2013

Heavy short, and waiting!

Despite the bulls managing another day higher, the weekly index charts are still highly suggestive of considerable downside across the coming days. Primary downside target remains the lower weekly bollinger, currently @ sp'1497.


sp'weekly7 - near term bearish count



sp'60min'3 - broad outlook


Summary

So, the bull maniacs managed to hit sp'1606. That's fine by me, in fact I was indeed hoping we'd open higher - since I was looking for a new short-entry.

I took an early morning entry @ sp'1601, it was pretty good to see the market almost immediately drop to 1595, but then it appeared that it was back to algo-bot melt mode, and we crawled back higher into the late afternoon.

All things considered, I am VERY content with my two rather huge bearish positions. I've shorted after a 40pt bounce, and that is surely 'reasonable' on any basis.


Looking ahead

Thursday has 3 pieces of econ-data, the usual jobless claims, personal income/outlays, and also home sales (10am). Tomorrow does have significant QE, and so those on the short side need to be a little careful.

Even if we are -10/15pts by late morning, there will be very significant risk of a 7-10pt intra-day bounce.

**Friday should be the better day, with no sig' QE, and end-month/quarter issues. After all, who wants to hold long across the weekend?

--
*I remain HEAVY short the main indexes from sp'1601, and long VIX from the 17.50s, seeking an exit by the Friday close, preferably with sp'1550 & VIX 23/25

However, any break >sp'1610, opens up a further move to 1620/25, in which case, I'll just have to hold across the weekend, and probably won't see 1550/30 until late next week. 
--

Goodnight from London