Thursday 18 April 2013

10am update - early weakness, before latter day recovery

The market was +5pts in pre market, but has seen some very early weakness. Yet, considering the hourly index/VIX charts, we'll likely see upside as the day progresses. Target for the Friday opex close remains sp'1570s, with VIX in the 14/13s. Oil/metals will likely both battle higher.


sp'60min


vix'60min


Summary

So, a touch of weakness to scare out the weaker bulls, and draw in the most naive of bears.

Nothing has changed since yesterdays analysis, I'm seeking general 'moderate' upside into the Friday opex.

--

*I exited USO (long Oil) at the open, and now intend to sit back until near the Friday close.
--

10.05am...well, we've broken new lows on the sp'.. 1541... interesting, not that I'm going to chase it.
 --

10.11am  I think this is a nasty fake out by Mr Market.



Baring a breaK <1538, I'm still seeking a move into the 1570s.


UPDATE 10.29am ...I STILL think this is a NASTY market fake out to the bears..and bulls.

sp'15min


seeking a major turn upward...10.30/11am was always a good turning time zone.


10.31am...I'm calling the floor @ 1541....looking for 1560s by late afternoon.

 Its a nasty market...a real morning fake out.