Saturday 19 December 2015

Its getting real interesting

With the sp'500 seeing a net weekly decline of -6pts (0.3%) @ 2005, the current situation is getting real interesting. The market is seeing repeated bouts of weakness, but nothing yet sustained. However, if the market settles the year under the monthly 10MA (currently 2048) it will arguably be a critical red flag.


sp'weekly1b



sp'monthly1b



Summary

I have a great deal to outline on the main scenarios for 2016, but I'll leave that for another time.

For now... I can't emphasise enough.. if the equity bulls fail to push to a new high (>sp'2134) by mid/late January 2016, we will likely be looking at a grand top having formed.

It has been a tough few years for the bears, with just a few (mostly shallow) retraces, but maybe.... just maybe... the market is indeed maxed out from the March'2009 low.
--


Farewell to the best of clown finance TV

I broadly slate the mainstream financial media, but the 4pm 'closing bell' show on CNBC-Europe, was one of the rare gems. Guests were given the time to speak, and viewers usually had opportunity to ask direct and often provoking questions.

Naturally, CNBC has decided to end their finest show, and instead, I'll get to see the US 'squawk' 11am hour from now on.

Louisa Bojesen hosted her last show today, and asked if any of her viewers might send a picture. Naturally... I prefer to hide in the shadows... but I did send the following...


For those curious..yes, that is my standard desktop, and you can see my 'main trackers' list, with Satellite TV on the right side.

--
As has been the case for a long while now, my comments/pics almost always got highlighted on CNBC-Europe


I do accept though, there is a rather monstrous amount of twisted irony in yours truly getting highlighted.

Goodnight from London
--

*the weekend post will be on the US weekly indexes