Thursday 24 April 2014

3pm update - minor upside into the close

Equities continue to see mixed weak chop. The smaller 5/15 minute index cycles are suggestive of upside into the close, rather than continued weakness. VIX is higher, but only 2% in the 13s. Metals look to set to close with moderate gains, Gold +$6


sp'60min


Summary

Interesting day, not least the opening reversal..which itself reversed.

I realise for many bears out there, today was just another typically annoying day. 

--
For me, it has been a pretty good day....the following is helping....

RIG, weekly


seeking the 44/45s tomorrow, where I will seek a provisional exit.

ps. I don't wanna hear from anyone that I never go long!
-

3.18pm.. I have my eyes on CHK....as a new long position.

seeking an entry 29.15/10..into the close.


3.26pm.. LONG CHK from 29.20s.   Will hold overnight, and probably into next Wednesday. Seeking first target of 30/31


3.52pm.. minor chop..but overall..another day for the equity bulls - not least after the opening reversal failed to see any follow through.
-

I will hold LONG overnight... RIG, CHK,  and SHORT- SLV.
-
back at the close.