Tuesday 1 April 2014

11am update - one index new high, so far

The sp'500 breaks a fractional new high of 1884.60. Despite a touch of weakness, the rest of the market will surely follow. VIX is crushed, and can barely hold the 13s. It remains the most bizarre of markets, and for the bears... just another failed move.


sp'daily5



Trans


Summary

*I was kicked out of my core short-block of SDS around sp'1883/84.

I am holding a small secondary short Put block, but will get kicked out of that on any further move >1884.
-

Dare I cite Carboni, with his 'stops are in, emotions are out!' mantra.

For me, it has always been 'stop are in...emotions are...IN'.  I'll sure get emotionally involved in this nonsense, but I won't trade without at least some degree of trading stop.
--

Well, its the typical turn time of 11am....if we're going to get a magical reversal..now would be the time.

I find it hard to envision a red close today....I just don't see where the downside power is going to come from.


11.10am... sp'1879... 5 whole pts from the new high, but really, unless <1870, with VIX 15s...this is nothing.

VIX looks abysmally weak in the 13.30s


11.16am.. Look at the transports..still stuck...breaks into the 7600s..but just can't hold it.

Surely we're not going to reverse lower from here? 


11.23am.. Eyes on the two leaders - Trans/R2K. If we're going to get another reversal.. if'll likely be seen there..first.

Trans is only higher by 0.18%...so..it could easily turned red.

VIX showing NO power to rally back.