Tuesday 7 January 2014

10am update - down trend broken

Good morning. The market again opens higher, but this time the gains look likely to hold, and build across the day. We have a break of the down trend, and equity bulls should be seeking a daily close in the sp'1840s. Metals are weak, Gold -$10.


sp'60min


Summary

*Yeah, I've been missing my pre-market posts lately, oh well..
--

Anyway, we are higher..and with the recent down trend broken, the 1840s look viable today.

VIX has flashed lower to 12.16..hmm



--
Notable strength: DRYS, +2.5%

Weakness: NFLX -5%...although I've no idea why. Do I need to check clown finance TV ?
-


10.15am..index gains holding, and bears should be real worried now. Even the sp'1900s are viable if market likes earnings across the next few weeks.

I'm still seeking a minor top in the 1860/80 zone though.