Thursday 17 September 2015

Will rates be increased?

The ultimate question for tomorrow is obviously... will the US federal reserve finally raise interest rates? The debate has been increasingly fierce as some of the econ-bears tout 'rates can NEVER be raised again', vs the talk from others that 'rates will rise when its right to do so'.


sp'weekly1b


Summary

So.. whats my best guess?

Honestly... I find it hard to fathom what the financial overlords at PRINT HQ will do. The Fed has NEVER been proactive... and is always reactive. They have always been behind the curve... never leading.
-

I would hope the Fed raise rates, as I've never believed low rates help the economy anyway.

If I had to guess...

I would guess the Fed DO raise rates tomorrow by 25bps.


--
Looking ahead

Thursday will see the weekly jobs, housing starts, current acc', Phil Fed' survey.

The FOMC will announce @ 2pm, with a Yellen press conf' around 2.30pm

--
Goodnight from London