Thursday 1 May 2014

Pre-Market Brief

Good morning. Futures are a touch higher, sp +1pt, we're set to open at 1885. Metals are starting a new month weak, Gold -$4, Silver -0.8%. Equity bulls look set to battle broadly higher across at least the first half of May, into the sp'1900/25 zone.


sp'60min


Summary

Welcome to May!

I think there is a fair chance we'll slip 4-6pts lower in the opening hour...which for me, would be a buying level. Certainly, primary weekly trend is to the upside, and the sp'1900s look a given.

-
I will be seeking to pick up my drilling stocks again, DO, RIG, and SDRL

--
Update from Mr Permabull



Oscar was bearish for a day..and now back on the bull train.. I'm not surprised.
--

Good wishes for May trading!


9.22am.. a touch of weakness out there...especially in the metals. . Gold -$10...Silver close to taking out the 2013 low.

I remain looking for sp'1878/75 or so...which should be a shopping zone.


9.41am.. LONG , via DO, RIG, SDRL

The opening drops are in the range I was seeking..so...now I sit back...and see how we trade into the afternoon. I would be content to hold ALL into the Friday jobs data.
-