Monday 23 December 2013

Closing Brief

The main indexes continued the post QE-taper rally, with the sp +9pts @ 1828. The two leaders - Trans/R2K, settled higher by 0.4% and 0.9% respectively. A quiet week ahead, and one which will likely see further upside into year end..and beyond.


sp'60min


vix'60min

Summary

With the taper uncertainty out of the way, there is simply nothing to stop the current rally..which looks set to continue for at least another 2-3 weeks into mid January.

For me, the only issue is whether it drags on until late January..or early Feb.

--
*I'll skip the usual VIX and Daily index cycle updates...I'm tired.

I might post something later on the Fed...after all, the charter signing was 100yrs ago today.
 --

**will post an update on the shipping stocks...on my Fair Value' page. They all saw a rather strong closing hour.