Tuesday 24 June 2014

10am update - opening minor chop

Tuesday has opened much like Monday...which was much like Friday. US equities look set for further minor chop, but with each passing hour, there remains increasing possibility of weakness. Metals are higher, Gold +$4, which is naturally helping the miners, GDX +1.0%


sp'60min


Summary

Best guess... we see some moderate downside... more likely late this afternoon (Dudley comments?).. and early tomorrow.

Right now, the 1945/35 zone seems best case.

To be clear, under NO scenario do I see the big 1900 threshold being broken in the near term.

--
I suppose I could be somewhat despondent.. but the sun is shining, and I have another England defeat to look forward to this afternoon.

WFM, 60min


WFM remains a mess, so long as it doesn't break that big blue line....in the 38.75 zone, there remains hope the past 7 trading days were just a very severe retrace.

Some could argue its putting in a micro double floor..if so..WFM should turn green later today. 
-

Momo stocks looking reasonable.. TSLA and FB both +1.5% or so.


10.15am.. Fractional new historic high for the sp'500.


10.30am.. Well, there go a wheel barrow of short-stops... with sp'1965.

Last week, I noted best case upside would be Tuesday afternoon, 1970/75..before some kind of down wave.. I guess it'll be that after all.

I'd understand anyone shorting in the 1965/75 zone... but I shall... refrain.