Wednesday 30 July 2014

1pm update - a floor at 1962

US equities have a high likelihood of having floored at sp'1962... with VIX 14.07. Metals remain weak, Gold, -$6, ahead of QE taper'6 - due to be announced at 2pm.


sp'15min


Summary

We have a 'reasonable' floor in the low 1960s... which many did correctly suggest earlier this week. I'm kinda surprised we didn't just keep pushing higher this morning, but hey.. I'm now overly biased to the upside (gods help me).

FOMC at 2pm... that will be sure to give price action a real kick.... almost certainly to the upside.

Seeking a close >1972
--
Intraday update from Riley



--
back soon


1.18pm... more minor chop....

Worse case... a brief spike lower at 2pm....and then snap higher.

I probably should have waited to use the word 'floor' before the FOMC announcement was out of the way, lol


1.29pm.. Well.... 1960 remains viable....


I've seen this situation so many times over the last few years.. and it is potentially nasty one for those on the short side. I'd still guess we close green on ALL indexes.

*it is notable that Trans/R2K remain positive.