Wednesday 11 June 2014

Daily wrap, with charts!

US indexes saw minor chop across the day, sp -0.4pts @ 1950. The two leaders - Trans/R2K, slipped lower by -0.1% and -0.3% respectively. Near term outlook remains broadly bullish into the next FOMC of June'18th.


*with stockcharts back (sorta), here are a few of the main indexes

sp'daily5


R2K


Trans


Summary

*first to be clear...I do NOT expect the R2K to remain stuck at the current level, I do expect the 1200s within the next week or two, and new highs in July - along with all other indexes.
--

So, a relatively quiet day in market land, and it is notable that the sp' managed a second consecutive close in the 1950s - a level many thought not possible until year end.


Looking ahead

There isn't much tomorrow. The only notable things are the EIA oil report, and the US Treasury budget.

*next sig' Qe-pomo is not until next Monday.
--


A more normal Wednesday

With stockcharts being offline, it was not the easiest of days. I do have access to my own broker chart software of course, but none of that is annotated, and its just not as good.

I don't expect much from the broader market tomorrow, other than relatively quiet conditions, with the underlying upside. Daily cycles are offering the sp'1960s this week, and I do believe we'll see that.
--

*this morning I picked up WFM from the $41.60s, well above my target entry, but with viable upside to at least the 44s, I decided to chase it higher. I'll probably hold until Thursday/Friday.

Goodnight from London