Friday 11 April 2014

12pm update - seeking a major re-short

US equities have seen a somewhat significant bounce from the early low of sp'1819 - with VIX 16.97. The broader thresholds are of course busted..and thus the default trade is (for once) to the short side. Right now, bulls look set to get stuck around 1838/40.. by 2pm.. with VIX 15.75/50


sp'15min


Summary

Not much to add...the bounce continues.

I've labelled it an ABC (sub'2), but whatever you want to call it..it is just a bounce.
--

VIX update from Mr T


--

After some thought, I might carry over two trades across the weekend if we close flat. - of course, I have to pick up two trades in the first place!

Seeking SPY puts.. and VIX calls...within the next hour or two.

time for tea :)


12.20pm.. upside target now 1836/38 by 1.30pm... I do NOT expect the 1840s.


12.43pm...it feels like a Chess match.   ..and right now, I ain't got any pieces on the board.