Saturday 22 February 2014

True Permabear

A second year is now complete for this little corner of the financial blogosphere.




4921 posts across two years (on this blog, not counting the other three!)...and I'm still going.

I will again note my thanks to two of the leading chart linking sites...

http://mcverryreport.com/

http://chartramblings.blogspot.com/

Were it not for those two sites, I'd not have kept this going, especially in those first few months.

There are other sites of course, and I appreciate all those who have commented in the past two years, whether via disqus or email.
--


Let the third year...begin!

Okay....so....the first chart of my third year....lets make it a bearish one (what else would it be?) ;)

sp'weekly7c, H/S scenario


This remains a particularly attractive scenario for the spring. Could it really be this? Certainly, there is an opportunity, with QE-taper'3 seemingly coming at the FOMC of March'19, and then taper'4...(FOMC of April'30).

Most are now agreed, we're due a significant correction. Considering the giant ramp from Oct'2011, I can't see it being just 10%. I'll be looking for 15/20% this summer. Primary target zone is 1625/1575 or so.

That would make for a pretty exciting few months, and should equate to a VIX at least in the 30s.
---


As for the 'True Permabear'

It relates to a TV series I have been watching this week. It is probably one of the best mini-series I've ever seen. If you like a slow and moody show in the late evening, with quality story telling, then go seek out 'True Detective' (HBO network). I should also note, 'Black Sails' (Starz network) is pretty good too, if pirates be your thing...arrrr!



Goodnight from London
-
*The weekend post will be on the US weekly indexes