Monday 12 August 2013

Pre-Market Brief

Good morning. Futures are moderately lower, sp -10pts, we're set to open at 1681. Precious metals are higher, with Gold +$16. Bears will likely struggle to break the 1675 area, and a return to 1700 looks very viable later this week, into opex.


sp'60min


Summary

So, we're set to open lower..as I was expecting, but again, we're not even talking about a 1% drop.

Bears are still weak, and are likely to going to find this week 'tiresome'.
--

*I will look to exit my current index-short position at the open.

Frankly, I just don't see much downside beyond the mid 1670s, and as an options trader, I'm concerned about decay, due to lack of volatility.

--
Bears should be VERY mindful of the VIX at the open.

Look for black candle on any of the cycle charts, if we get a closing black candle on the hourly by 10am..then the bears are very likely done for the week.

-
9.32am. short-stopped out of index-short, at sp'1684.

BLACK candle on the hourly VIX ...so far...and that bodes badly for those bears holding short into the afternoon.
-

I suppose we could keep falling, but downside looks limited, .I'm glad to be out.


9.42am.. R2K does a moon shot, now green.. with red VIX.

Well, as I thought, 'bears..powerless'. Can't even manage a 1% fall.
-