Tuesday 14 May 2013

11am update - operation: trading account preservation

Whilst the market just keeps climbing - on a pomo-Tuesday no less, I have to note how important trading account preservation remains in the months and years ahead. There will come a time when we get a major down cycle...but it sure don't look likely any time soon.


R2K, daily



Trans, daily


Summary

The big R2K @ 1000 level is coming...does anyone still doubt that?

Then 1100s...   perhaps even the 1200s late this year.
--

Regardless, this is NOT the time to be meddling on the short side.

--
I remain content on the sidelines...with my account preserved (to some extent)

Gods help those bears who are short, and not using trading stops in the months ahead, whilst this QE nonsense continues.
--

RE: VIX, Yes, its up almost 5% now, I don't know. Maybe someone is buying huge blocks of calls, I'll take a look in a bit.

VIX opex is next Wednesday, so I'm not sure whats up with todays VIX gain.