Friday 12 April 2013

Pre-Market Brief

Good morning. The econ-data has just come in particularly disappointing, and the market is on the slide. Futures are sp -8pts, we're set to open around 1585. Precious metals have collapsed, with Gold coming within $1 of taking out the 2011 low. Oil is similarly sharply lower.


sp'60min



sp'daily5


Summary

*as noted last night, bears need a weekly CLOSE back in the 1570s.

This is exactly the start I was hoping for, but how we close is infinitely more important.

Good wishes for the last day of what has been a difficult week in bear land.
--

more on the precious metals...soon

*I need to correct something. Gold has NOT yet taken out the low from Dec'2011...

GLD, weekly2,


 In pre-market (so far)..GLD hit  148.34, thats 70 cents from the critical low.
--

USO (Oil) is set to open -2%, right on my exit target of 32.80s



This is good, and I'll look to kicked at the open.
--

UPDATE 9.18am  sp-6pts right now, and its clear, the bears remain WEAK. A close -1% is going to be real tough.

Nevermind the issue that the old resistance high of 1576 is now going to be support, and I sure don't think we can close under that today.

--
9.32am...exited USO at the open...very pleased, and a good way to end the week.

I will note, I do expect VERY significant further falls in Oil in the weeks ahead, but I'm just trying to trade it day to day.
--