Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Most Bearish Chart right now

okay...here it is...

Transports, monthly, 'doomster' count.


Now, this is indeed one of my old 'doomster' count charts. The transports is the last 'doom' count that I still have. All the rest have been violated in the last few months, and subsequently deleted.


So, what do we have?

Transports monthly cycle shows a VERY bearish 4 month flat top. The indicators are WEAK, and suggesting that there is real potential for a very significant move lower. Look across to 2008, I'm not saying we're at April'2008 (as I was some months ago), but we sure aren't cruising higher anymore. We're absolutely stuck. Doubtless, this is due in part to rising oil prices, but also...due to what is I believe some underlying weakness in both the US, and wider world economy.

The fact that official GDP is still positive, and still seeing net job gains, I'd certainly say that's something to largely dismiss.

If this was the only market index you followed, you'd be 100% short right now, with a stop at the 5350 level. This chart is something to think about tonight, now lets see how Tuesday goes.

Goodnight